Skip to main content
Jamaica Inquirer

Portmore teen to face children's court on rape and housebreaking charges

St. Catherine
Portmore teen to face children's court on rape and housebreaking charges

Officers in Portmore, St Catherine, have charged a 15-year-old boy with rape and housebreaking in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in the parish earlier this year.

The Portmore Police Division reports that at about 12:00 a.m. on January 1, the complainant reached her home and found the boy inside her bedroom. She is said to have told him to leave, but he would not go. According to investigators, he then held her down and had sexual intercourse with her against her will.

A complaint was filed with the police, and a probe was opened. The teenager was taken into custody on Thursday, May 14. He was questioned while his attorney was present and was later picked out during an identification parade.

He is scheduled to appear before the St. Catherine Children's Court on May 18.

Syndicated from Jamaica Inquirer · originally published .

13 languages available

Other coverage

Around St. Catherine

· powered by OFMOP