Beenie Man denies Fambo assault allegation as Tarrus Riley exits Best of the Best Miami
Beenie Man has denied an assault allegation involving fellow entertainer Fambo, after Fambo reportedly published a video claiming the dancehall veteran had attacked him. In a statement issued Tuesday, Beenie Man described the accusation as “false, malicious, and defamatory.”
The entertainer said he has engaged attorneys and is gathering material he says will show the allegation is untrue. The statement also called for the accusation to be withdrawn publicly, for an apology to be issued, and for social media posts, videos, stories and other publications repeating the claim to be taken down immediately.
In another entertainment development, Tarrus Riley says he will not appear at Best of the Best Miami 2026, which is scheduled for this weekend, although he had been contracted and promoted for the show. His management said the singer was still prepared and available to perform, and that neither Riley nor his team had violated any agreement connected to the event.
According to Riley’s team, the move to remove him from the lineup was made by Best of the Best Miami 2026 promoters alone. The organisers said the decision followed information that Riley had also been booked for a free event in the South Florida market. They said the two events were only days apart, and that the call was made so supporters would not have to choose between them.
Vybz Kartel is also preparing to release a new project titled Got in Time next month. The set is expected to feature the dancehall artiste alongside Shenseea, Skillibeng and Puerto Rican star Farruko.
Kartel told Billboard the title comes from a phrase widely used in Jamaica, saying his lawyer often repeated it to him while he was in prison until he began applying it to his own outlook. The project is produced by longtime collaborator TJ Records and Vybz Kartel, reuniting the team behind 2015’s Viking (Vybz Is King) and 2016’s King of the Dancehall, which featured the RIAA gold-certified hit Fever. It follows two consecutive Grammy-nominated projects from Kartel, including 2024’s Party With Me.
Syndicated from Television Jamaica (Video) · originally published .
Legal context · powered by Jurifi
Get the legal angle on this story. Pick a prompt and Jurifi's AI will explain it using Jamaican law.
AI replies are based on Jamaican law via Jurifi. Not legal advice.
Other coverage

Tarrus Riley No Longer Set To Perform At Best of The Best Concert
ZIP FM
Vybz Kartel Set to Release His New Album God and Time
ZIP FM
Tarrus Riley Pulled From Best Of The Best Miami Lineup Despite Prior Booking
ZIP FM
Beenie Man Denies Fambo Assault Allegations
ZIP FM
Beenie Man Denies Assault Allegations
ZIP FM